Identity and Access Management for Manufacturing
The manufacturing industry is among the most fast-paced industries. They are continuously on the regular timeline of fulfilling orders. Off late, manufacturing industries have also adapted several new technologies to keep up with the changing times. But, it is important to note, several of these changes can seem unprepared in today’s business landscape. One mistake and breach in one of the manufacturing plants can affect the entire enterprise and end up them losing customers.
According to a report by Verizon, 72% of the cyber attacks against manufacturing industries were financially motivated while the rest of the attacks were insider jobs. Here are some of the ways the manufacturing industry ends up with security loopholes:
- The manufacturing industry accounts for a quarter of all ransomware attacks according to an IBM report. In fact, between 2019 and 2020 alone there was a 156% increase in ransomware attacks in this industry. Ransomware cost an electronic contract company $34 million in 2020!
- Like ransomware, phishing attempts are also rampant here. Several times, employees click on links that could compromise the entire network.
- Industry 4.0 is the transition and adaption of new technologies by the manufacturing industry. As much as this is a step in the right direction, it is done without a lot of security protocols in place.
- The sudden rise in IoT has also taken shape in the manufacturing industries. Most of the devices used in this aren’t well equipped with security measures.
- Manufacturing employees might constantly be traveling for certain tasks. This means they need capable solutions to handle remote work. Often, passwords are forgotten and account lockout may happen.
- Lack of streamlined access-related processes in the organization.
- The industry is heavily dependent on legacy applications that aren’t supported by a lot of security solutions.
- This industry thrives on a network of partners, suppliers, and the whole supply chain. Most of them might have access to internal applications and data as well. A security flaw in their network could compromise the manufacturing company as well.
- Owing to the network nature of this industry, several smaller manufacturing companies are the gateway to larger industries. Bad actors might violate the lack of security measures within the smaller companies to reach the bigger companies.
- Manufacturing companies can range from simple electrical appliances to vaccination hubs. Therefore a lot of intellectual data is at stake. There is always a stream of bad actors to steal such intellectual property.
- The newer technologies in these companies or even the cybersecurity solutions do not in-house experts to manage them well.
- Cross Identity (Formerly Ilantus) solution provides single sign-on to all their applications, be it, web or legacy. It integrates easily with all of them and enables manufacturing employees to have a seamless login process with just a single click.
- The password management solution ensures employees are self-sufficient with password reset and account unlock. No more dependency on the helpdesk even if the employees are working from a different location remotely.
- Identity governance and administration solutions streamline who has access to what across the company. This also enforces a due process to acquire access with a detailed workflow. This makes requesting access and approving/denying it equally simple.
- Who has access to what is known at all times, this helps monitor and track access-related activities and helps control insider-related breaches.
- The applications are all enabled with intelligent identity analytics. With the help of which all suspicious activities in case of phishing or ransomware are blocked. More so, MFA ensures only the right people access the solutions, and authentication levels are elevated based on the risk scores.
- Identity and Access Management from Cross Identity is a converged IAM platform that provides all the above solutions and much more in a single platform. An IAM solution is a huge asset in case there is a breach attempt, it helps accelerate the incident plan and track the loopholes.
Seamless User Experience
Rapid User Adoption
Internal and External Security
Empowering Digital Transformation
Cross Identity, a leader in the IAM space is pledged to enable seamless security for organizations across industries. Let us empower you with security expertise as your embrace the latest in technology and make way for digital transformation.